This recipe is from my sister-in-law in the USA, she’s a fab baker!
Red velvet cupcakes:
- 1 1/2 cup (250 g) regular sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup (190 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 tablespons vanilla sugar
- 1 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (100 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) heavy cream
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- 1-2 tablepsoons red food coloring paste
Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
Put the sugar and eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk well.
Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl and stir to mix. Add to the eggs and sugar with the oil, vinegar, heavy cream and sour cream.
Add the red food coloring paste.
Stir until everything is well blended.
Use an ice cream scoop to divide the mixture between the cupcake cases.
Bake for about 15 minutes.
Leave to cool completely before decorating with the Philadelphia frosting.
- 28 oz. (800 g) Philadelphia cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups (300 g) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Put all the ingredients for the frosting into a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
I use large tips to give the cupcakes this look.
I just love this color combination!
Decorate with some sugar pearls, if you like.
I wish you all a wonderful day!
Angelina Joy, Bjørn Rune, Raguell Moriah, Zacheri Bjørn jr, Jesaja:
I want to thank you so much for the “101 Piece Tool Caddy Collection kit” you all sent me – I love it!
Hugs and kisses to all of you.
Her ser dere et bilde av kaken til min svigerinne – Angelina Joy, fra USA .