Today I’ll show you how to make Tiffany & Co style cupcakes. I was inspred to make them after watching Breakfast at Tiffany’s the other day…
Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Deluxe vanilla cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cup (275 g) regular sugar
- 3/4 cup +s 1 tablespoon (200 g) butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/4 cup (290 g) all-purpose flour
- just under 1/2 cup (50 g) very finely ground almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup (300 ml) vanilla custard (or heavy cream)
- 5 tablespoons advocaat liqueur
Put the butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
Add the eggs, one at a time.
Mix together the flour and baking powder and tip into the mixing bowl.
Beat until the batter is nice and smooth.
Mix in the vanilla custard.
If you are using cream instead, whisk in an egg yolk before adding the cream to the mixture.
Beat until everything is well blended, about 2 minutes.
Add advocaat liqueur for extra flavor…
Add the ground almonds as well.
Beat for another 2 minutes.
I used these super cute and elegant paper cases from Wilton.
Divide the batter between 24 medium cupcake cases.
Bake on the middle shelf in a 390 °F (200 °C) oven for about 15-20 minutes.
Lift the cakes out of the pan and leave to cool on a wire rack.
I decorated these cupcakes with an amazing vanilla frosting…
Advocaat vanilla frosting:
- 3 1/2 oz. (100 g) Philadelphia cream cheese
- 3 1/2 tablespoons (50 g) softened butter
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (200 ml) vanilla custard (or heavy cream)
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon (50 ml) advocaat liqueur
- 2 cups (250 g) powdered sugar
Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
Beat on high speed until smooth and fluffy.
Add more powdered sugar if needed.
Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a Wilton 2D tip, then pipe pretty swirls on top of the cupcakes.
Decorate with some sugar pearls, if you like.
That’s if for now, I wish you all a lovely day!
Hugs from me to you.