Here is my favorite recipe for vanilla cupcakes.
- 2 1/4 cups (500 g) heavy cream
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (200 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup (275 g) regular sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups (375 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
It’s important that the butter and eggs are at room temperature when you start baking.
Put the butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until pale and fluffy.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
Sift together the flour and baking powder a least three times, then fold into the mixture.
Add the cream (or use milk or vanilla custard) and vanilla extract, use a rubber spatula and stir until everything is well blended.
Use an ice cream scoop to divide the mixture between the cupcake paper cases, one scoop per paper case.
Bake in a 390 ˚F (200 ˚C) oven for about 20-25 minutes.
Leave to cool completely.
Decorate with some Angel Feather Icing, add food colorings if you like. You can find the recipe for Angel Feather Icing here.