Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.
Today’s temptation is a delicious brownie base topped with berries and fresh fruit. A pleasure for all senses!
Here is the recipe, enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cup (160 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 3 tablespoons pure unsweetened cocoa powder
- 11 oz. (310 g) dark chocolate
- 1 cup (230 g) butter
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 1/2 cup (340 g) regular sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Bring out everything you need.
Put the flour, cocoa powder and salt into a bowl.
Put the chocolate into a heat proof bowl with the butter and espresso powder.
Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water.
Stir until the butter and chocolate have melted.
Turn off the heat, but leave the bowl over the pan.
Stir the sugar into the melted chocolate mixture.
Remove the bowl from the pan and add the 5 eggs and the vanilla extract.
Stir until the eggs are well blended into the mixture, but do not stir any more than necessary.
Tip in the flour and cocoa powder mixture and stir until well blended, Do not overmix.
I use a pie dish for these brownies, but use a regular brownie pan if you prefer.
Bake in a 350 F (180 C) oven for about 30 minutes, no longer.
Done! Leave to cool for 30 minutes.
Decorate the brownies with plenty of berries and fresh fruits.
I like to brush the fruits and berries with a mixture of gelling sugar and fruit purée:
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) gelling sugar (jam sugar)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) fruit purée, such as raspberry
Put the gelling sugar and the fruit purée into a small saucepan and place on the heat. When warm and melted, brush over the fruits and berries on top of the brownies.
If you can’t get gelling sugar you can just as well use jelly powder.
The final brush adds a glossy look…
Vanilla ice cream is the perfect accompaniment…
That’s it for now, I hope you’re tempted!
I wish you all a wonderful day.
Hugs from me to you.