Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.
Today’s temptations are perfect for all After Eight lovers out these!
Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Choc peppermint brownies:
- 4 1/2 oz. (125 g) dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon (90 g) butter
- 1 cup (225 g) regular sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup (75 g) all-purpose flour
Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
Put the chocolate and butter into a bowl and melt over a pan of simmering water.
Stir in the sugar.
Stir in all 3 eggs…
…and then the flour.
Stir until everything is well blended, but it is important that you do not overmix.
I’m using paper cases here, but feel free to use whatever you like, or even one large 8 x 12-inch (20 x 30 cm) pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes.
Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
Make the peppermint glaze:
- 3 1/4 cup (400 g) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 teaspoons peppermint extract
Put all the ingredients into a bowl and stir until everything is well blended.
Spread a thin layer of the peppermint glaze on top of the brownies.
Top it all off with a chocolate ganache…
Chocolate Ganache (half of this recipe is enough for 12 brownies):
- 10 1/2 oz. (300 g) dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon (250 ml) heavy cream
Heat the cream until almost boiling.
Pour the warm cream over the chocolate chips, wait for 5 minutes and then stir until smooth.
Place teaspoonfuls of the ganache on top of the glazed brownies, decorate with some extra chocolate if you like.
Now nothing remains but to enjoy these super yummy brownies…
Perfect for the weekend!
Hugs from me to you.