Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.
These super moist banana muffins are the perfect treat for the weekend, here is the recipe – enjoy!
Banana Muffins (yield: 10 large or 15 medium muffins)
- 1 2/3 cup (200 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 10 oz. (300 g) very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 1/2 oz. (100 g) walnuts
- 1 cup (100 g) oats
- 1/2 cup (115 g) butter
- 1 cup (200 g) light brown soft sugar
- 3 1/2 oz. (100 g) chocolate chips
Put the butter and brown sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
Add the eggs, one at a time.
Add the vanilla extract with the last egg and beat until everything is fluffy and well blended.
Using a rubber spatula, stir in the mashed banana, oats, chocolate chips and walnuts.
Stir together the flour, baking powder and baking soda, then tip into the batter and stir until combined.
Divide the batter between the paper cases and bake in a 350 F (180 C) oven for about 25-30 minutes.
The muffins are so moist, and so delicious as they are.
But today I topped these with a Banana cream cheese frosting…
Banana cream cheese frosting:
- 5 oz. (150 g) Philadelpia cream cheese
- seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1-2 bananas, mashed
- just under 1/2 cup (100 g) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 – 1 1/4 cup (100-150 g) powdered sugar
Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat until very fluffy.
NB: this frosting is not suitable for piping, just add a tablespoonful and spread over the top of the muffin.
These muffins are just as good the next day!
I wish you all a wonderful weekend, remember that your baking may bring joy into other people’s hearts.
Hugs from me to you.