Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.
These apple and vanilla sweet buns are almost like mini apple cakes… so good.
Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Apple & Vanilla Sweet rolls with a hint of Cinnamon
- 2 3/4 cups (350 g) all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons (35 g) powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons (35 g) regular sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 oz. (50 g) fresh yeast
- 3 large eggs + 1 egg yolk (use the leftover egg white to brush the buns before baking)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tepid water
- 2/3 cup (150 g) butter
Put all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
Dissolve the yeast in the tepid water (I prefer fresh yeast).
Add the eggs to the mixing bowl.
Pour in the yeast mixture…
Use the dough hook attachment and mix for about 20 minutes, medium speed.
The dough may seem too sticky at first, but after 20 minutes it will be soft and smooth.
Don’t be tempted to add any more flour.
Leave to prove for about 45 minutes, room temperature.
Tip out onto a lightly floured work surface.
Roll out the dough.
- 2 1/4 cups (500 ml) very thick vanilla custard
- 2 apples, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinanamon
- 2 teaspoons regular sugar
Mix together the diced apple, sugar and cinnamon.
Spread the custard all over the rolled-out dough, then sprinkle over the apple mixture.
Roll up like a Swiss roll, cut into slices and place on a lined baking tray.
You could also place the buns in muffin paper cases.
Leave to rise for another 10 minutes, then brush with the leftover egg white.
Bake in a 350 F (180 C) oven for about 15 minutes. Use the fan setting if your oven has one.
Smells like heaven!
Drizzle over some glaze if you like:
- 3/4 cup (100 g) powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons water
Mix well until thick and smooth, then drizzle over the baked buns.
I hope I was able to to tempt you…
Hugs from me to you.