These cookies contain Kellogg’s Special K Chocolatey Strawberry cereal.. I was inspired to create this recipe when I saw the box which says “I love my mornings”!
Delicious with a cup of tea
I love My Morning Cookies (yield: 25)
- 3 1/4 cups (400 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup (300 g) butter
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (200 g) regular sugar
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons (230 g) brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 7 oz. (200 g) dark chocolate chips
- 3 1/2 – 5 oz. (100-150 g) Kellogg’s Special K Chocolatey Strawberry cereal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C).
Put the butter and both sugars into a mixing bowl.
Beat until very fluffy.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until everything is fluffy and well blended.
Add the vanilla extract with the last egg.
Put the flour, baking soda and salt into a bowl and stir to mix.
Tip the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl and beat until everything is well blended.
Then add the rest of the ingredients.
Stir the chocolate chips and cereal into the mixture.
Use an ice cream scoop to make equally sized cookies, one scoop per cookie.
Place the mounds of dough onto lined baking trays and bake on the middle oven shelf for about 12 minutes.
Leave to cool for at least 5 minutes before tasting…
Popular with both children and grown-ups…
I wish you all a nice day,
hugs from me to you.