Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.
This easy chocolate mousse cake is is super delicious and perfect for the weekend!
Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Simple chocolate mousse cake:
- 1 cup (120 g) finely ground almonds
- just over 2 cups (270 g) powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup (75 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (30 g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 egg whites
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (200 g) butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 320 ˚F (160 ˚C).
Bring out all the ingredients.
Put the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and finely ground almonds into a bowl.
Pour the melted butter and egg whites into the dry ingredients and stir until well blended.
Line a 8 x 8 or 9 x 9-inch (22 x 22 or 23 x 23 cm) baking pan with baking parchment and pour in the batter.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes.
Leave to cool completely.
- 6 egg whites
- 1/3 cup (120 g) regular sugar
- 3 1/2 oz. (100 g) chocolate
- 1 tablespoon strong coffee
- 3 1/2 tablespoons (50 g) butter
Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave oven.
Add the coffee and leave to cool.
Whisk the egg whites with the sugar until stiff peaks form.
Fold the egg whites into the melted chocolate mixture, do this in batches.
Pour the mousse over the cooled base and chill for at least 2-3 hours.
Ready to decorate…
Transfer the cake to a large cake stand or plate.
Decorate with this mocca cream:
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon (250 ml) heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons brown muscovado sugar
- seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean
Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk well.
Pipe some swirls or dots on top of the cake, then decorate with some sugar pearls, if you like.
I hope I was able to tempt you – have a great day!
Hugs from me to you.