Today’s post includes both dark chocolate M&M cookies and an easy crème brulée…
Dark Chocolate M&M cookies:
- 4 1/2 oz. (130 g) dark chocolate
- 1 1/4 cup (150 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (30 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup (140 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon (80 g) soft light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (60 g) regular sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 12 oz. (350 g) dark chocolate chips, or a combination of chocolate chips and M&Ms
Preheat the oven to 325 ˚F (170 ˚C).
Melt the 4 1/2 oz (130 g) chocolate and leave to cool.
Put the butter, sugar and light brown sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until pale and fluffy.
Add the melted chocolate and beat some more.
Add the egg and beat until everything is well blended.
Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla extract.
Stir in the chocolate chips, or a mixture of choclate chips and M&Ms.
Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and arrange on a lined baking tray.
Place in the preheated oven for about 18 minutes.
Enjoy with a glass of cold milk…
Crème brulée (6 small servings)
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon (250 ml) whole milk
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon (250 ml) heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half lengthways and seeds scraped out
- 1/2 cup (115 g) regular sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
Preheat the oven to 300 ˚F (150 ˚C).
Put the milk and cream into a saucepan with the seeds from the vanilla bean, then heat until very warm but not boiling.
Put the sugar, eggs and egg yolks into a bowl and whisk until combined.
Add the warm milk/cream mixture to the whisked eggs, little by little.
Pour through a sieve just to make sure there are no lumps of any kind.
Place small heatproof bowls or cups in a roasting pan.
Pour the crème brulée mixture into the bowls.
Fill the roasting pan with boiling water to come half way up the sides of the bowls.
Place the pan into the preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
Sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons sugar on top of each crème brulée and return to the oven, top shelf on maximum heat for about 5 minutes, or until the sugar is browned.
I hope I was able to tempt you!
Hugs from me to you.