Hello everyone, and welcome to passion4baking.com
I love the flavor of lemon and here I have created my version of Starbucks’ Skinny Lemon & Poppyseed Muffin.
Don’t be fooled by the title, though, there’s nothing skinny about these… But they are incredibly delicious, that I can promise!
Skinny Lemon & Poppyseed Muffin:
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (200 g) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup (275 g) regular sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/3 cup (300 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (200 ml) natural yoghurt
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) lemon juice
- finely grated zest from 1 lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons poppyseeds
Preheat the oven to 400 ˚F (200 ˚C).
Put the butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating between each addition.
Add the yogurt, lemon juice, finely grated lemon zest and poppyseeds.
Stir until everything is well blended.
Sift together the flour and baking powder at least twice, then fold it into the batter.
Line two muffin pans with paper cases.
Use an ice cream scoop to divide the batter equally between them.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (200 g) regular sugar
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (200 ml) lemon juice
Put the sugar and lemon juice into a saucepan and place on the heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
Pour this over the freshly baked muffins.
For the glaze:
- 2 1/3 cups (3oo g) powdered sugar
- juice of 2 lemons
- poppyseeds (optional)
Skinny Lemon & Poppyseed Muffins – lemon yumminess…
I just love these Skinny Lemon & Poppyseed Muffins…
I hope you are tempted to start baking…
I wish you all a wonderful day ♥
Hugs from me to you.