Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.
Today’s temptation is a silky textured chocolate cheesecake which more or less melts in your mouth…
Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Chocolate Cheesecake (for the base)
- 9 oz. (250 g) digestives or graham crackers
- 1/3 cup (75 g) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (60 g) salted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon Nutella (chocolate and hazelnut spread)
I use digestives here, but you can just as well use graham crackers.
I also use Nutella for this recipe, but feel free to use any other chocolate and hazelnut spread.
Put the digestives, butter, salt, peanuts and Nutella into a food processor.
Whizz until the mixture has the consistency of wet sand.
Press into a pie dish or any other round cake pan with a removable ring/base.
Chill for about 10 minutes.
Make the chocolate cheesecake filling.
Chocolate Cheesecake cream:
- 14 oz. (400 g) Nutella or any chocolate and hazelnut spread
- 18 oz. (500 g) Philadelphia cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (60 g) powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (300 ml) heavy cream
- 5 oz. (150 g) crushed Daim
It is very important that the cream cheese is at room temperature. Put it into a mixing bowl with the powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
Now add the Nutella, beat until smooth and well blended.
In a separate bowl, whisk the cream until soft peaks form.
Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese/Nutella mixture.
Add the crushed Daim.
Fold gently into the mixture.
Pour the cheesecake mixture onto the chilled base.
- 2 oz. (60 g) crushed Daim
- 3 1/2 oz. (100 g) fresh raspberries
Sprinkle the Daim over the top and decorate with the fresh raspberries.
Chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
And there it is – delicious chocolate cheesecake!
The combination of the salted peanuts in the base and the sweet Nutella chesecake cream filling is to die for…
I gave this cheesecake to my neighbours since they had visitors staying over, and rumor has it they enjoyed it very much!
I hope I was able to tempt you…
Hugs from me to you.