Today’s temptations are these Sweet vanilla cupcakes. The batter is made with vanilla custard, delicious dark chocolate and fresh raspberries.
Here I’ve topped the cupcakes with a luscious raspberry and vanilla cream cheese frosting… so good…
Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Sweet Vanilla Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (200 g) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup (275 g) regular sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups (375 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 vanilla bean (split in half lengthways and seeds scraped out)
- 2 1/4 cups (500 ml) vanilla custard
- 3 1/2 oz. (100 g) dark chocolate chips
- 3 1/2 oz. (100 g) fresh raspberries
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 390 ˚F (200 ˚C).
Put the butter, sugar and seeds from the vanilla bean into a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
Then add the eggs one at a time, beating between each addition. Beat until everything is well blended.
Stir in the vanilla extract.
Sift the flour and baking powder together.
Stir in the flour mixture and vanilla custard.
Add the chocolate and fresh raspberries.
Carefully stir to mix.
Line a cupcake pan with paper cases.
Divide the batter between the cupcake cases, preferably use an ice cream scoop to get equally sized cakes.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes.
Freshly bakes vanilla cupcakes with chocolate and fresh raspberries…
Leave to cool completely while you make the frosting.
Raspberry Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2/3 cup (150 g) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup (150 g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split in half lengthways and seeds scraped out
- 10 oz. (300 g) Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (115 ml) raspberry purée
- juice from 1/2 lemon
Put the powdered sugar, butter and seeds from the vanilla bean into a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
Add the cream cheese and raspberry purée, beating until everything is well blended.
Add the lemon juice and beat until the frosting is fluffy and lump free.
I just love it when you can see the little vanilla seeds!
You can add a few drops of food coloring here, if you like.
I use a large open star tip for the frosting.
I like to sprinkle some pink sugar on top…
Sweet Vanilla Cupcakes.
These Sweet Vanilla Cupcakes are so delicious and so easy to make.
Surprise someone you know with a box of cupcakes…
I hope you are tempted to start baking…
I wish you all a wonderful day.
Hugs from me to you.