Today’s temptation is an Express chocolate velvet cake, 5 minutes hands-on time and you’re done!
My children love this cake, it’s so moist and delicious.
Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Express Chocolate Velvet Cake
- 1/2 cup (125 g) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons (220 g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (110 g) regular sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups (300 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (35 g) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup (160 g) sour cream
- just over 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 2 teaspoons coffee extract
Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 ℃).
Put all the ingredients into a bowl, make sure that the butter and eggs are at room temperature.
Mix on low speed until everything is well blended.
Increase the speed to medium and beat for about 3 minutes.
Pour the batter into a lined baking pan, about 9 x 13 inches (22 x 33 cm), and bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
Leave to cool while you make the chocolate glaze.
- 3 1/2 oz. (100 g) chocolate
- 1/4 cup (60 g) butter
- 2/3 cup (80 g) powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 g) sour cream
Put all the ingredients into a pan, place on a low/medium heat and stir until everything is melted and smooth.
Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then place the pan in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. .
Spread the chocolate glaze over the cake and decorate with some sprinkles, if you like.
So moist and delicious.. and “Baked with love”…
This cake is so quick to make, perfect for children’s birthday parties.
I hope you are tempted to start baking!
I wish you a wonderful day.
Hugs from me to you.