Hello everyone ♥
I made these Christmas style cupcakes today, and I just couldn’t resist calling them Christmas Joy cupcakes…
Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Christmas Joy Cupcakes (yield: 24 cupcakes)
- 2 1/4 cups (500 ml) vanilla custard
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (200 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup (300 g) regular sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups (375 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 9 oz. (250 g) dessert rice pudding
- 5 1/4 oz. (150 g) vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 390 ˚F (200 ˚C).
Put the butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until very fluffy.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
Sift the flour and baking powder together at least 3 times.
Add the flour and half the vanilla custard and stir it into the mixture with a rubber spatula.
Add the rice pudding, vanilla pudding and the remaining vanilla custard and stir until everything is well blended.
Stir in the vanilla extract.
I use these pretty Christmas paper cases from Siluett.se.
Use an ice cream scoop to divide the batter between the paper cases, one scoop per paper case.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes.
Leave to cool completely.
Vanilla Bean Frosting:
- 7 egg whites
- 2 cups (450 g) regular sugar
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- a few drops food coloring (optional)
Put all the ingredients into a large bowl.
Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, then whisk by hand for about 4 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved.
Transfer the mixture to the bowl of a freestanding electric mixer and beat for about 7 minutes or until the bowl no longer feels warm to the touch.
If you want the frosting to have a lovely pastel shade, add a drop or two of food coloring and mix for another minute.
I used a Wilton 1B tip to make a simple swirl on top of the cupcakes.
I used some mini candy canes to give these cupcakes a Christmassy look.. 🙂
And some marshmallows…
I hope you’re tempted to try making these cupcakes!
Have a nice day everyone, hugs from me to you.