Hi there lovely readers ♥
These chocolate caramels are the perfect edible gift for anyone with a sweet tooth!
They’re soft and delicious, I just love them with a cup of coffee…
Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Creamy Chocolate Caramel
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon (250 ml) heavy cream
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon (250 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon (100 ml) corn syrup or liquid glucose
- 3 1/2 tablespoons (50 g) butter
- 1 1/4 cup (250 g) light brown soft sugar
- 2 1/4 cups (470 g) regular sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz. (230 g) dark chocolate chips or roughly chopped dark chocolate
Put the cream, milk, regular sugar, brown sugar, salt, butter and corn syrup into a pan and place on a medium heat.
Stir continously until the sugar has dissolved, then stir in the chocolate.
Continue stirring until the mixture has reached 248 F (120 C), you’ll need a sugar termometer for this.
This will take about 30-40 minutes on a mediun heat, and it’s important to stir all the time.
When the mixture has reached 248 F (120 C), pour into a lined 8 x 12-inch (20 x 30 cm) baking pan.
Be careful – it’s very, very hot!
Leave to cool, about 30 minutes, then transfer to the refrigerator for another couple of hours.
Cut into squares.
They make such a cute little present!
Super yummy, soft and delicious…
These can be stored in a jar or container for several days, if you can stay away that long…
Have a great weekend!
Hugs from me to you.