This is one of my childhood favorites, soft cookies with a rich vanilla flavor.Perfect anytime, with a cup of tea or coffee.. and why not serve them with some fresh delicious frosting in pretty pastel colours.
Here is the recipe!
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (225 g) regular sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 1/4 cup (290 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Preheat the oven to 375 ˚F (190 ˚C).
Put the sugar, eggs and seeds from the vanilla bean into a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Whisk gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
- In the meantime, mix together the flour and baking powder.
- Nothing beats real vanilla seeds.
- When the mixture is thick and forms a ribbon when the beaters are lifted, it’s done.
- Fold the flour mixture into the batter in three additions.
- I use a piping bag fitted with a wide circular tip to pipe small rounds onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- Smells heavenly, The perfect cookie to have with a glass of milk.
You can also frost this cookies with frosting click her for the recipe.
Have a great day you all, love Manuela xo