Carrot Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting

PicMonkey Collage

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.

These carrot cupcakes are very moist and tasty, the secret is to add both grated carrot and grated apple to the batter.

I made these cupcakes with a marshmallow cream cheese frosting, here is the recipe – enjoy!

Carrot cupcakes (yield: 20)

• 2  1/2 cup (320 g) all-purpose flour
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup (230 g) butter, at room temperature
  • 2  1/2 cups (450 g) regular sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup (85 ml) warm milk
  • 4-5 medium carrots, finely grated
  • 1 medium apple, finely grated
  • 2  1/2 oz. (75 g) walnuts or pecans, chopped

Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Line two cupcake trays with paper cases.

Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon at least twice, then set aside.

Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes.

E95A1198

Beating on low speed, add one egg at a time. Beat well between each addition, but do not overmix.

E95A1215

Add the flour mixture and warm milk in two additions. Beat until just combined.

E95A1225

Add the finely grated carrots and apple, and the chopped nuts.

Use an ice cream scoop to divide the mixture between the cupcake cases.

Bake in the middle of the preheated oven for about 18 minutes.

E95A12542

Leave to cool completely.

Marshmallow cream cheese frosting

• 10 oz. (300 g) cream cheese
  • 1/2 jar Marshmallow Fluff

Put the cream cheese and the Marshmallow Fluff into a bowl and mix until well blended.

I use a Wilton 1A tip here to make two swirls on top of each cupcake.

I hope I was able to tempt you…

Take care of each other, hugs from me to you.

Comments

15 Comments on Carrot Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting

1. Heidi Larsen
    2013/09/05 at 21:04 (3 years ago)

omg! Eelsker gulerotkake, så disse MÅ jeg prøve! Tusen takk for oppskrift, skal notere meg denne! :)

2. Elin
    2013/09/06 at 10:25 (3 years ago)

Mmmmm! Disse så gode ut! Hvor kan jeg Få tak i marshmallow fluff? Eller kan jeg bruke vanlig marshmallow? Smelte disse og mikse…… Gleder meg til de mye bøkene dine! Ha en velsignet helg!

3. Tårtan
    2013/09/09 at 20:06 (3 years ago)

Mmmmmm….

4. Cecilie
    2013/09/11 at 23:01 (3 years ago)

Lagde de i helgen, de ble ufattelige gode! Helt perfekt balanse på de. Ikke for søte og mektige, men likevel ypperlig til kaffen og søtsuget! Helt klart en ny favoritt :)

5. sanaz
    2013/09/12 at 19:11 (3 years ago)

hi, i have just find you in instagram and started following you since then . Your pictures are phenomenal and breathtaking. I love to bake too and wondering if your site has a english language version or not?

6. Eirin
    2013/09/14 at 21:40 (3 years ago)

mmmmmm fantastisk!!=) Denne oppskriften likner veldig på den jeg bruker..men jeg har aldri prøv eple i! Spennende og må prøves! Elsker bloggen din! Kommer vel noen gulrotcupcakes på min blogg også etterhvert! God lørdagskveld ønskes deg og dine!

7. Angelica
    2013/09/19 at 02:14 (3 years ago)

I have been obsessed with your blog, pretty much I check it everyday for updates and new recipes! I’m a stay home wife and I’m always looking for ideas to surprise the hubs! He loves what I cook for him and now he looks forward to desert every time! Thanks for sharing your ideas with us!

8. Martine
    2013/12/02 at 11:21 (3 years ago)

Hei

Jeg lurer på om disse kan lages en dag i forveien og vil holde seg fine i kjøleskap? Eller bør jeg vente med frostingen til rett før servering?

9. Juliette
    2014/03/18 at 18:45 (3 years ago)

I LOVE YOUR BLOG !!!
    and the photos are very nice !!!

10. Sofia
    2014/03/29 at 11:06 (2 years ago)

I would love to try this. But we dont have marshmallow fluff here. what can i use instead? can i just melt some marshmallows for alternative?

11. Leigh-Anne Aitken
    2014/04/26 at 14:30 (2 years ago)

This has got to be the very best carrot cake recipe I have ever tried… I’ve made it twice now and it’s absolutely delicious!!

Thank you!!

12. emilyb
    2015/06/19 at 19:50 (1 year ago)

Made this recipe last weekend – best carrot cake recipe I have found (tried quite a few)! Just wondered whether you can turn the cupcakes into a cake or a loaf? Would you have to change any part of the recipe to do this?
    Thanks

• Team Passion4Baking
      2015/06/22 at 14:20 (1 year ago)

Hi Emilyb, you can bake the batter in a loaf or cake pan, but you would need to bake it for longer. Check with a cake tester after 30 minutes and take it from there. :)

-Team Passion4Baking

13. Nomeda
    2016/03/05 at 19:05 (7 months ago)

Mine er i ovnen nå!!!! Gleder meg til å smake!