Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.
These carrot cupcakes are very moist and tasty, the secret is to add both grated carrot and grated apple to the batter.
I made these cupcakes with a marshmallow cream cheese frosting, here is the recipe – enjoy!
Carrot cupcakes (yield: 20)
- 2 1/2 cup (320 g) all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (230 g) butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups (450 g) regular sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) warm milk
- 4-5 medium carrots, finely grated
- 1 medium apple, finely grated
- 2 1/2 oz. (75 g) walnuts or pecans, chopped
Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Line two cupcake trays with paper cases.
Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon at least twice, then set aside.
Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
Beating on low speed, add one egg at a time. Beat well between each addition, but do not overmix.
Add the flour mixture and warm milk in two additions. Beat until just combined.
Add the finely grated carrots and apple, and the chopped nuts.
Use an ice cream scoop to divide the mixture between the cupcake cases.
Bake in the middle of the preheated oven for about 18 minutes.
Leave to cool completely.
Marshmallow cream cheese frosting
- 10 oz. (300 g) cream cheese
- 1/2 jar Marshmallow Fluff
Put the cream cheese and the Marshmallow Fluff into a bowl and mix until well blended.
I use a Wilton 1A tip here to make two swirls on top of each cupcake.
I hope I was able to tempt you…
Take care of each other, hugs from me to you.