Hello everyone, Monday is here again and I hope your first Sunday of Advent was wonderful.
Now there are less than 4 weeks left till Christmas time… the countdown has begun.
Today’s temptation is delicious vanilla fudge, and for me there is no Christmas without fudge. These treats have a rich vanilla flavor, and they are quite sweet, but it’s Christmas!
They also make a lovely gift, who wouldn’t be thrilled to receive a box of homemade vanilla fudge..?
Here is the recipe, enjoy.
- 3 cups (675 g) superfine or caster sugar*
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons (100 g) butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon (250 ml) heavy cream
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (100 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 vanilla beans
- 1 3/4 oz. (50 g) white chocolate
* I use superfine sugar here, it melts more quickly and it makes it easier to avoid a grainy fudge. If you can’t fine superfine sugar just use regular, but remember to stir very well.
Put all the ingredients except the white chocolate into a pan, place on a low heat until the sugar dissolves, about 10-15 minutes.
Turn up the heat to high and boil until the color is a nice golden caramel, stirring continously.
The caramel is done when a sugar thermometer shows 248 ˚F (120 ˚C).
Remove the pan from the heat and pour the caramel into a mixing bowl.
Beat on low speed for a few minutes.
After 2 minutes of beating, add the white chocolate. Continue beating until the mixture thickens slightly.
Pour the mixture into a lined, quite small baking pan. Press the fudge down into the corners and smooth the surface.
Leave to cool sightly, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours before cutting into squares.
Vanilla fudge can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several weeks.
That’s it for now, I wish you a great day!
Hugs from me to you.