Hi sweet readers, today I am sharing with you all a recipe for a typical and classic Swedish chocolate balls.
You can find these in most bakeries across Sweden, Most of the time they sell them in a giant size. i prefer bite- sized.
Additional cocoa powder or vanilla bean paste can be added to intensify the flavor.
These chocolate balls I make each year for the holiday they are always a hit at my party and they are so delicious.
Swedish Chocolate Balls
- 255 g rolled oats
- 200 g unsalted butter, diced
- 80 g sugar
- 60 gram unsweetened cocoa powder
- 180 g light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon espresso coffee powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- In a large bowl mix the butter, sugar and light corn syrup until fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Take small amounts of the dough ( i prefer using a mini ice-cream scoop for this ) and roll between your hands to make small balls, about 1-1/2 inches in diameter.
- Roll the balls in the coconut , sugar pearls or chocolate sprinkles
- The Balls are ready to eat, but I prefer to refrigerated these for 2 hours to become more firmer.
Have a great day you all, love Manuela xoxo
My English book ” LOVE MANUELA, THE BAKING BOOK “ is finally here!
And ready for you to order just in time for Christmas, WE SHIP WORLDWIDE
Get your SIGNED COPY by clicking here.