Hi Sweet Readers.♥ I have been making so much holiday recipes this past few weeks, I hope you are enjoying these recipes as much as I love making them and sharing them with you all.
These Cookies, my-gosh where do I start! This hazelnut cookie itself is just so gooey and delicious and in the middle there is this delicious Norwegian custard cream that we in Norway call for Success cream, it is silky and so smooth and together with the gooey hazelnut cookie and the two cookies together dipped in dark chocolate I say you are in for one delicious treat. And this cookie is just so perfect for the holiday.
My English book ” LOVE MANUELA, THE BAKING BOOK “ is finally here!
And ready for you to order just in time for Christmas, WE SHIP WORLDWIDE
Get your COPY by clicking here.
hazelnuts cookies yield 24 cookies
- 400 g WHOLE HAZELNUTS
- 165 g SUGAR
- 3 EGG WHITES
- 185 g LIGHT CORN SYRUP OR GLYCOSE
- 3/4 TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE
- 6 EGG YOLKS
- ¾ CUP (150 ML) HEAVY CREAM
- ¾ CUP + 2 TABLESPOONS (190 G) SUPERFINE OR GRANULATED SUGAR
- 2 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE AND/OR SEEDS SCRAPED FROM 1 VANILLA BEAN
- 14 TABLESPOONS (200 G) COLD UNSALTED BUTTER, CUT INTO PIECES
- 10 OUNCES (280 G) SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE, COARSELY CHOPPED
- 2 TEASPOONS COCONUT OIL
- Preheat oven to 320°F (160°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Process the hazelnuts in a food processor until they are finely ground.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- With a mini ice-cream scoop, scoop the cookie dough on the baking sheet, dust the tops with some powdered sugar, take the back of a tea cup and press slightly down.
- Bake in the middle oven rack for 20 minutes, and let cool.
- In a medium saucepan, put the egg yolks, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla bean paste.
- Over medium heat, whisk continually until the mixture starts to thicken. Remove from the heat and transfer to a mixing bowl let it cool completely to room temperature, this takes about 30 minutes.
- When ready, with a hand mixer whisk for a few minutes,add cold diced butter, piece by piece and whisk until everything is fluffy.
- Place the custard cream in a pastry bag fitted with a 1 m tip. Pipe a rose onto one cookie. You can also add the cream with an spatula.
- place the other cookie on top, and Freeze until the cream is very firm, about 30 min.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Stir in coconut oil. Cool until it’s slightly warm.
- Remove cookies from freezer. Dip halv the cookie in delicious melted dark chocolate. Place on a wire rack to set.
- 3 Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Enjoy, I wish you all an amazing new start of the week, filled with love,♥
In collaboration with@bakboxen I have put together a classic favorite recipe of my, for their next baking box – the December box. This is my 4th out of 4 Baking boxes, so dont miss out my very last Bakboxen, its your final chance to ” order this last love Manuela baking box ” Best of all, you get 60 kr discount on your first box by using the code PASSION. If you love to bake as I do. I recommend you follow @bakboxen. You might get inspired. Last day to order is the 20th of December. Happy baking, xoxo Love Manuela.