Hi sweet readers ♥
Norwegian Krumkaker Cookies are paper-thin cookies that you roll onto a cone to get the typical krumkake shape, with a beautiful lace imprint.
I make these each Christmas, and in Norway we fill these with cloudberries cream. Today I fill these with whipped cream and some crust candy cane!
Get your COPY by clicking here.
- ¾ cup + 1 tbsp (200 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Dark chocolate, for dipping
- Candy cane for drizzling
For this recipe you will need a Krumkake iron.
- Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one add the time and beat until everything is well blended.
- Add vanilla, and flour and mix until blended and you have a smooth mixture.
- Heat your Krumkake iron and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Spoon a tablespoonful of batter into the middle of the iron.
- Close the iron and bake until golden brown, this usually takes less than 1 minute.
- Roll the warm cookies around the cone that comes with the iron.
- Let cool and repeat with the rest of the batter.
In Norway we fill these with cloudberries cream, made by mixing cloudberries with whipped cream and sugar. It is common to serve the cloudberries cream with Krumkake
- If you wish, dipp the krumkake into dark melted chocolate, and pipe some whipped cream inside, and drizzle with crushed candy cane.
- Store the krumkake cookies without the filling in an airtight container.