Hi sweet readers ♥
In most homes in Norway we have Rice Cream for desert for Christmas, there is just something so magical about this creamy rice cream, I add some delicious homemade strawberry on top, it is just so delicious,The cold ready-made sweet rice pudding is store bought! But if you like you can of course make it yourself! Not often I use ready made products in my recipes, But I got to be honest I am so bad in making sweet rice pudding,It always seem to burn in the bun of the pan, so I find this so more easier! Hope you will love this as much as I do, and please dont forget to add the vanilla it makes it so delicious!
My English book ” LOVE MANUELA, THE BAKING BOOK “ is finally here!
And ready for you to order just in time for Christmas, WE SHIP WORLDWIDE
Get your COPY by clicking here.
Rice cream & strawberry sauce
For the rice cream
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream
- 100 g mascarpone cheese (optional)
- 1 cup (100 g) powdered sugar
- seeds from ½ vanilla bean or 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla bean paste
- 1 ½ cups (300 g) cold ready-made sweet rice pudding
for the strawberry Sauce
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- ¼ cup (50 g) sugar
- juice from ½ lemon
- 250 g fresh or frozen strawberries*
To make the Rice Cream;
- In a large bowl add mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla bean paste.
- Whisk until soft peaks forms.
- Fold the cream into the cold rice pudding with a spatula.
- cover and chill until needed.
To make the strawberry sauce;
- Put the water, sugar and lemon juice into a small pan.
- Heat until the sugar has just dissolved.
- Put the strawberries into a blender.
- Pour the sugary water into the blender with the strawberries, and pulse until the mixture is smooth.*
- Serve the strawberry sauce with the rice cream.
*If you use frozen strawberries let them soak in sugary water until defrost before you blend it in the blender.
Have a great day you all, check back tomorrow for another holiday recipe.
Love Manuela xoxo