Hi sweet readers ♥
I hope your weekend was amazing!
Today I want to share with you a recipe for Norwegian ” sveler or “lapper” like we call it , Get your shopping list ready.
I have no clue how to translate the Norwegian word sveler or lapper in English, but lapper means notes in English and that makes lite sense when it comes to these!
I think to explain it better it is just mini pancakes, that reminds me more of fluffy American pancakes, because they are fluffier then French crepes.
It is my kids favorite pancakes to enjoy, they just eat it plain or at times with brown goat cheese and raspberry jam on top, a typical Norwegian way of eating these!
I love to serve it with sliced strawberries, raspberries and banana, and some lemon cream on top and drizzled with some agar or honey.
It is just heavenly.
On Saturday the 4th of March I have demo at Kitch’n at the Mall of Scandinavia in Stockholm, between the hours 12: 00- 15:00 pm.
Warm welcome if you are close by, in beautiful Stockholm.
A LITTLE NOTE: I GET SO MANY EMAILS AND MESSAGES IN MY INBOX EACH DAY WHERE I BUY VANILLA OR SPATULA OR PLATES ETC.
SO I HAVE ADDED A FEW DIRECT LINK BELOW OF THE PRODUCTED USED IN THIS BLOG-POST YOU CAN FIND BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW, #AD
- KITCHENAID GLASS BOWL
- WHITE PAN
- VERA WANG PLATES
- LE CREUSET
- GREEN BOWL
- VANILLA BEAN PASTE
LETS START BAKING;
NORWEGIAN LAPPER ( FLUFFY MINI PANCAKES)
- 3 LARGE EGGS
- 220 GRAM SUGAR
- 425 GRAM ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
- 675 ML BUTTERMILK
- 1/4 TEASPOON SALT
- 1/4 TEASPOON HARTSHORN
- 3/4 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
- 150 GRAM BUTTER, MELTED
- 1-2 TEASPOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE, OPTIONAL
- ZEST FROM 1 LEMON, OPTIONAL
- 150 ML HEAVY CREAM, COLD
- 75 GRAM MASCARPONE, COLD
- 100 GRAM POWDERED SUGAR
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE, OPTIONAL
- ZEST AND JUICE OF 1 LEMON
- LEMON CREAM
- FRESH FRUIT LIKE BANANAS, STRAWBERRIES, RASPBERRIES
- AGAR, OR HONEY
- In a bowl of a standmixer, whisk the eggs, and sugar in a mixing bowl on low speed for 1 minute, then on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- When you lift the whisk the batter should fall back into the bowl in a ribbon shape.
Sift in the flour a little at a time, at the same time the buttermilk a little at a time, folding it in gently each time with a spatula; try to keep most of the volume you just createdwhen you whipped the eggs.
Add the vanilla bean paste, salt, baking soda and hartshorn folding it in gently with a spatula.
- Add the melted butter, and lemon zest and fold it in gently until combined.
- Heat a crepe pan or frying pan; brush pan with butter. Using a Large ice-cream scoop and make 3 scoops in the frying pan.
- Cook for about 1-2 minute. Using a metal spatula, flip the mini pancakes and cook this side for 1-2 minute.
- Transfer to platter and keep warm, repeat the process until there is no more batter.
- In bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, mix the heavy cream, mascarpone, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla bean paste on low speed for one minute;
- continue on medium-high speed 3-4 minutes or until fluffy, add lemon juice and with a spatula combine.
- Serve mini pancakes with fresh fruit and sliced banana, and lemon cream on the side.
LOVE MANUELA XO
HAVE A WONDERFULL DAY YOU ALL.
LOVE MANUELA XO