Hi sweet readers ♥
These almond roll cookies are my favorite cookies of all cookies, They are easy to make and they are so gooey on the inside (if you don’t overbake these)
I rolled this cookies into a long log and cut it into 10 cm sizes, As soon as they are baked I cool the tray down and then drizzle them with lush dark chocolate.
Because it is soon Easter, I added some colorful sprinkles on top of each cookie.
For this recipe you will need almonds, I use raw almonds with the skin on, You need your almonds to be finely ground, you can either buy it or make it yourself with a nut grater, what is so great with a nut grater is that it allows you to make a coarse powder of any of your favorite shelled nut, and it does not make nut butter, so when you make cookies you get delicious cookies and not dry cookies.
Let’s start making these delicious cookies.
- 18 OUNCES (500 G) WHOLE ALMONDS
- 4 ½ CUPS (500 G) CONFECTIONERS’ SUGAR
- 2 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA EXTRACT
- 3 EGG WHITES (100 ML)
- DARK CHOCOLATE, MELTED AND TEMPERED
- SPRINKLES, OPTIONAL
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a large bowl, add the finely ground almonds and powdered sugar and with a spatula combine.
- Once the almond flour and powdered sugar is combine add, egg whites, and vanilla bean paste, and make a paste.
- Dust your working space with some powdered sugar and work the dough so it all comes together and the dough is easy to work with.
- Roll out the dough into finger-width pieces, cut it into 10 cm large pieces.
- Place on two parchment-lined baking sheet
- Bake in the middle oven rack for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Let cool on baking sheets for a few minutes.
- Decorate by drizzling tempered chocolate; sprinkle on top.
HOPE YOU ENJOY THESE AS MUCH AS I DO.
LOVE MANUELA XO