HI SWEET READERS, ♥
They are essential in every diner, and so delicious, when filled with a heavenly vanilla cream! These are my absolutely favorite Donuts
Sprinkle them with some confetti for an old-fashioned look.
So many of you has asked me for this recipe and a video how to makes these.
So today I finally had the time to make a short video.
I hope you all get tempted to make these.
CLASSIC DONUTS ( Yields: 30 donuts)
- 6 ¾ CUPS (750 G) WHITE BREAD FLOUR
- ½ CUP (115 G) SUPERFINE OR GRANULATED SUGAR
- 1 TEASPOON SALT
- 1 OZ. (25 G) FRESH YEAST, CRUMBLED
- 6 EGGS AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA PASTE
- 1 CUP (225 ML) MILK
- 13 TABLESPOONS (185 G) UNSALTED BUTTER, SOFTENED AND CUT INTO PIECES
- 8 CUPS (2000 ML) 100% VEGETABLE OIL (SUNFLOWER OIL) FOR DEEP FRYING
- APPROXIMATELY ½ CUP (100 G) SUPERFINE SUGAR, FOR TOSSING
- 2 CUPS (500 ML) COLD HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM
- 150 G CONFECTIONERS’ SUGAR
- ½ RECIPE OF VANILLA CREAM
- You’ll need to start this recipe the day before baking the doughnuts.
- One of the things that is important when making these doughnuts is to let them rise on a lot of flour, so that they do not deflate when you go to fry them.
- Put all* the ingredients into a bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment. Beat on medium speed for 20 minutes, or until dough is very smooth and elastic in texture
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate to rest overnight.
*YOU CAN WAIT TO ADD THE BUTTER AT THE END, IT GIVES A BETTER END RESULT.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and tip out onto a floured work surface.
- Dust two baking sheets or trays liberally with lots of flour.
- Cut dough into 30 equal pieces about 50g each.
- Shape the pieces of dough into buns and arrange on the well-floured trays, allowing plenty of space between each bun.
- Or roll the dough like i do in the video and use a cookie cutter to cut out round shapes
- Cover the trays with a clean dish towel and let rise for about 2-4 hours, or until doubled in size.
- Prepare your fryer, heat the oil to 350°F (180°C). Very carefully remove the donuts from the tray, using a floured pastry scraper to help you.
- Be careful not to deflate them! Fry two doughnuts at a time, about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
You’ll want the donuts to be golden brown on the outside and perfectly cooked in the middle.
Check regularly that the oil is at 350°F (180°C) when frying the donuts, using a thermometer.
Remove from the fryer with a slotted spoon and place on kitchen paper towel.
Toss the warm donuts into the sugar.
Repeat with the remaining dough
- Place the carton of cream in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, pour the cream into the bowl, add the powdered sugar and whisk until the mixture is fluffy.
- Fold in the vanilla cream,the amount added is a matter of taste. Add a couple of spoonful’s at a time, and taste your way to the preferred flavour and consistency.
- Using the tip of a sharp knife, create a hole in the side of each donut.
- Fill a piping, fitted with a medium round nozzle, with the cream.
- Twist to seal the bag. Carefully insert the tip into a donut. Squeeze piping bag until the donut feels just full. Fill the remaining donuts.
- If you wish add some PASTEL MINI CONFETTI on top.
- Serve immediately, or cover donuts and refrigerate for later serving.
HAVE A LOVELY DAY YOU ALL, LOVE MANUELA XO