HI EVERYONE ♥
Its Easter, how time flies by, I just wish there are more hours in a day.
There were so many things I planned to show you before Easter,
But having dyslexia, it takes forever for me to write a blog-post and not having so many hours in a day, to show you more recipe before Easter.
Right now I don’t have anyone looking over my text so if you see mistakes in my English you know why!
I sure do hope you love these videos on my post and YouTube, and if you love them please share them with your friends, I would appreciate that so much!
Many of you have asked me about doing new episode of Manuela’s diner serie on YouTube like I did last summer.
I will do new once this summer, so do you have any request let me know in the comment section and in the meantime, I sure do hope you enjoy these videos.
Last week I got some pretty new bowl in the most beautiful pastel colors.
And if you follow @passionforbaking on Instagram you have probably seen a picture of my pastel bowls.
Those soft colors of the bowls and not to mention these beautiful heels, really inspired me with this recipe that I share with you today.
Inspired by all the beautiful pink colors, I basically wanted to make a lovely pink cheesecake, that screams summertime!
I wanted a natural pink looking cheesecake, not filled with food color, but bursting with fresh flavors of summer, and one of my favorite flavor is lemon.
So, I added organic lemon juice and lemon zest and organic blueberries to the cheesecake batter.
The combo of an almond base that is so gooey and the lemon & blueberry cheesecake filling was just heavenly, oh my goodness so good!
In the video below, you can see how this cake came together, and scroll down below to see the recipe.
Hope you get tempted.
LEMON & BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 2 ¼ CUPS (500 G) PHILADELPHIA CREAM CHEESE, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 2 CUPS (480 ML) HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM, CHILLED
- ⅔ CUP (150 G) SUGAR
- 1 TEASPOOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE
- 6-8 GELATIN LEAVES *
- JUICE AND ZEST OF 2 LEMONS, I PREFER ORGANIC LEMONS
- 150-200 GRAM FROZEN BLUEBERRY, I PREFER ORGANIC
- Soak the gelatin leaves in cold water for 5 minutes, (you can use 6 or 8 gelatin leaves depending on how firm you want the cheesecake to be.)
- Pour lemon juice in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil and remove pan from heat.
Gently wring the gelatin leaves to remove excess water and add them to the lemon juice, stir until completely dissolve;
Set aside to cool for some minutes.
In a standing mixer bowl, fitted with the whisk attachment, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla on medium speed until it is fluffy, creamy, and lump-free.
- Add the cooled lemon gelatin mixture, and mix to combine.
- Scrape the sides and the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, and continue whipping until the mixture thickens and increases in volume.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, and add lemon zest and frozen blueberries and gently combine.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the cooled almond crust and even out with a spatula, on the inside of the springform i use acetate for easy release.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- If you like a clean cut on the cheesecake for each slice; you make the cheesecake more firm by putting it in the freezer for one hour before you serve the cake.
I ADDED SOME GOLD LEAFS ON TOP OF THE CAKE JUST BEFORE SERVING.
THIS WAS ONE DELICIOUS CHEESECAKE, I HOPE YOU GIVE IT A TRY THIS EASTER.
I WISH ALL OF YOU A WONDERFULL EASTER.
CHECK BACK SOON FOR MORE NEW RECIPES.
LOVE MANUELA XO