- 225 G SUPERFINE OR GRANULATED SUGAR
- 120 GLIGHT CORN SYRUP OR GLUCOSE SYRUP
- 90 ML WATER
- 150 G EGG WHITES
- 1 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE, OPTIONAL
- FOOD COLORING (OPTIONAL)
- Combine the sugar, light corn syrup and water in a small saucepan fitted with a candy thermometer.
- Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Once it has dissolved do not stir any longer and let it heat over a medium-low heat until the temperature reaches 240ºF (117ºC).
- Wipe the inside of a stainless steel standing mixer bowl and the whisk attachment with a paper towel moistened with a little lemon juice to eliminate any trace of grease.
- Add egg whites to standing mixer bowl and mix on low speed; as soon as it begins to foam add the 3 tablespoons of sugar, a tablespoon at a time.
- When syrup reaches 240ºF (117ºC), slowly pour the sugar syrup into the egg whites, aiming for the side of the bowl, rather than the whisk.
- When all syrup has been added, turn the mixer to medium-high speed and whisk until the frosting becomes thick and glossy and holds a firm peak; bowl will feel slightly warm.
- Once frosting is ready, add the vanilla bean paste and a drop of food coloring (optional) and mix until just combined.
Yields: about 4 cups
P.S DON’T YOU JUST WANT TO DIVE INTO THIS?
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY YOU ALL. LOVE MANUELA XO
THIS RECIPE YOU CAN ALSO FIND IN MY NEW BAKING BOOK, ORDER MY BOOK HERE, WE SHIP WORLDWIDE.