HI SWEET READERS ♥
This is my favorite caramel! It is so easy to make;
You don’t even need to use a candy thermometer!
The delicious taste of caramel perfectly combined with the vanilla bean paste and sea salt is just
incredibly mouth-watering! Caramel may be drizzled on just about anything,
SEE THE VIDEO BELOW HOW TO MAKE SALTED CARAMEL;
- 1 ¼ CUPS (280 G) GRANULATED SUGAR
- ⅓ CUP + 1 TABLESPOON (85 G) WATER
- ⅔ CUP (170 G) HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM
- 1 -2 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA EXTRACT
- ½ TEASPOON COARSE SEA SALT
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Place over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stop stirring and bring the mixture to a boil. Allow the mixture to caramelize to a deep amber color.
- Once the syrup has reached the amber color, remove from heat and slowly add the cream in three additions, stir well after each addition.
- Mixture will bubble furiously so be cautious as to avoid steam burns.
- When a smooth sauce is achieved, stir in the vanilla and sea salt.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store covered at room temperature up to one week, or refrigerate up to three months.
- Bring to room temperature before using.