I have made pizza every Saturday since I got married, and if I’m not at home my second oldest son makes it. We just love this pizza.I love it with Dutch cheese, pepperoni, minced beef, ham… or just about anything, I guess, but top it with whatever you like best.
I love a good homemade pizza, I love it so much that we make it every Saturday. My favorite topping is pepperoni, but sometimes I like variations with minced beef, beef or ham.
- 280-300 gram all-purpose flour
- 230 ml tepid water
- 2 tsp dried active yeast
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 150-200 gram tomato purée
- 1 tbsp santa maria peppermix
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 100-200 ml water
- 200-300 gram Gouda cheese
- 150 gram pepperoni
- spring onions
- sliced tomato
- Put all the ingredients for the pizza base into a mixing bowl. Use the dough hook and mix the dough on low speed for about 10 minutes.
- Put the dough into a greased bowl with a lid. (Or cover with plastic wrap.)
- Leave to rise until doubled in size, about 30-40 minutes.
- Put all the ingredients for the sauce into a bowl, stir well and season to taste. The sauce is now ready to use. (There will be some sauce left over, I usually thin it with a little more water and then serve it alongside the baked pizza. )
- Divide the dough into two equally sized pieces. Alternatively keep it in one piece for one large pizza, or divide into four pieces to make mini pizzas like I did here. Roll out the dough. I like the edges a bit thicker to make a nice crust. Spread the pizza sauce over the rolled-out pieces of dough and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Add the toppings of your choice, I use pepperoni, spring onions and tomato. If you like beef you can add small strips of raw beef.
- I use a pizza stone when I make pizza, if you have one put it in the oven when you turn it on to preheat. When you start making the pizza, preheat the oven to maximum heat, fan setting. A pizza stone is not crucial, though, you can just as well use a baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes, with the oven still on maximum heat.
- I love that this pizza is so crunchy on the outside, yet so soft on the inside — just the way I like it.
- Bon appétit everyone, With Love from Manuela.
With Love from Manuela.