This frosting is so smooth and delicious on any cupcakes or cakes.
This frosting is made with dark melted chocolate and a chocolate paste made of cocoa powder and hot water.
I add a spoon of strong coffee in the chocolate frosting make this frosting even more delicious.
This frosting works amazingly on cupcakes and cakes if you don’t like coffee or cream cheese just omit it.
Dark Chocolate Cheese Frosting
- 14 oz. (400 g) chocolate
- 1 ½ cup (350 g) butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup (100 g) powdered sugar
- 3 ½ tablespoon (25 g) cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons (50 ml) boiling water
- 7 oz. (200 g) Philadelphia Chocolate Cream Cheese or → mascarpone, at room temperature, optional
- 1 tablespoon strong coffee, cold
- Melt the chocolate, set aside to cool completely.
- Put the butter and powdered sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Mix together the cocoa powder and the water until it forms a paste.
- Add the cooled melted chocolate, cocoa mixture, and the chocolate cream cheese ( or mascarpone ) to the mixing bowl.
- Add coffee (optional) and mix until smooth.
Have a beautiful day everyone!
Love Manuela xo
STEP BY STEP PICTURES;