Hello everyone ♥
Today’s temptation is a delicious orange cake, made with freshly squeezed orange juice and orange zest, then topped with an orange glaze and slices of orange…
Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Delicious Orange Cake:
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon (130 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (165 g) regular sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup (225 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- finely grated zest from 1 orange
Bring out all the ingredients.
Put the butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until very fluffy, about 8-10 minutes.
Now add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
Sift the flour and baking powder into a separate bowl, then sift it once more.
Add to the mixture.
Add the milk, orange juice and orange zest.
Use a rubber spatula and stir until everything is well blended.
Line a 4 x 8-inch (10 x 20 cm) loaf pan with baking paper. Pour in the batter and smooth the surface,
Bake in a 350 F (180 C) oven for about 55 minutes.
Leave to cool completely before making the glaze.
- 1 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (175 g) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- sliced orange, to decorate
Put the powdered sugar and orange juice into a small bowl and stir until smooth.
Pour the glaze over the cooled cake.
And decorate with sliced orange…
I enjoyed a slice with some freshly squeezed orange juice… one of my favorite things.
Mmmm, so good…
That’s it for now, have a great day everyone!
Hugs from me to you ♥