Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.
Today’s temptations are these luscious raspberry Oreo brownies.
The brownie batter contains crushed Oreos which give a rich flavor and a nice crunch, and the baked brownies are topped with fresh raspberries.
Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Raspberry Oreo Brownies:
- 1 1/4 cup (160 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit of using salted butter)
- 2 tablespoons pure unsweetened cocoa powder
- 11 oz. (310 g) dark chocolate
- 1 cup (230 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup (100 g) light soft brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (340 g) regular sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 – 5 oz. (100-150 g) crushed Oreos
- 3 1/2 – 5 oz. (100-150 g) fresh raspberries
Bring out all the ingredients. I use Callebaut chocolate with 70% cocoa solids for this recipe.
Put the flour, cocoa powder and salt into a bowl. Omit the salt if you are using salted butter.
Put the chocolate, butter and instant espresso powder into a bowl.
Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water.
Stir until the everything is melted and smooth.
Turn off the heat, but leave the bowl over the pan of hot water.
Add both sugars to the chocolate mixture.
Stir until everything is well blended.
Remove the bowl from the pan.
Add 3 of the eggs and stir well. It is important that the eggs are at room temperature!
Now add the last 2 eggs and the vanilla extract and stir until just blended into the mixture. Try not to overmix, or you’ll end up with cake rather than brownies…
Tip in the flour and cocoa mixture and stir until well blended.
Stir in the crushed Oreos (keep them whole if you prefer).
I add the raspberries to the top of the cake, but you can of course stir them into the batter instead.
You could also substitute the raspberries with other fresh berries, or omit them alltogether.
Pour the batter into a lined brownie pan.
I arrange some raspberries on top of the batter before baking, saving some for decoration later.
Bake in a 350 ˚F (180 ˚C) oven for about 30 minutes. The center should still be fudgy!
Leave to cool, then chill for at least 4 hours or freeze for 1 hour.
Cut into squares…
Delicious with a cup of coffee…
Serve some vanilla ice cream of the side for some extra pleasure…
I hope you are tempted…
I wish you all a wonderful day.
Hugs from me to you.