Saturday is pizza day in my family, and this is our favorite.
Here’s the recipe – enjoy!
Manuela’s Favorite Pizza Crust (yield: 3–4)
- 8 cups (1 kg) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/3 cups (550 ml) tepid water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 1/2 – 5 oz. (100–150 g) feta cheese
- 1 3/4 oz. (50 g) fresh yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground mixed pepper or crushed chilli flakes
- Manuela’s favorite pizza sauce (you can find the recipe here)
- 7 oz. (200 g) steak, cut into small pieces and marinated in the juice of 1 lemon, some salt and mixed pepper for at least 2 hours
- Gouda cheese
- onions or spring onions
Preheat the oven to 480 ˚C (250 ˚C).
Put all the ingredients for the dough into a mixing bowl.
Knead the dough for at least 10 minutes, then leave to rise for 30-40 minutes.
Divide the dough into 3 or 4 parts and shape into rounds.
Roll out each of the rounds then place onto baking trays lined with paking parchment.
Make Manuela’s favorite pizza sauce, you can find the recipe here, and spread over the rolled-out pizza bases.
Sprinkle over the filling, including the raw steak.
Bake for about 15 minutes, but keep an eye on them.
Use a pizza stone if you have one.
I love this garlic sauce with my pizza, here is the recipe:
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ garlic clove, finely grated
Put all the ingredients for the sauce into a bowl and stir until everything is well blended. Enjoy as an accompaniment to the pizza.
Hugs from me to you.