Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.
Today’s temptation is a French classic… Chocolate Pots de Crème.
Chocolate Pots de Crème:
- 7 oz. (200 g) dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon (250 ml) whole milk
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon (250 ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (50 g) regular sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Bring out all the ingredients.
Put the milk, cream, sugar and instant espresso powder into a saucepan, then place on a medium/high heat until almost boiling.
Melt the chocolate.
Pour the hot milk/cream mixture over the melted chocolate.
Stir well, then set aside to cool.
Add the egg yolks and vanilla and stir until well blended.
Pour some boiling water into a roasting pan.
Use heatproof bowls or cups here.
Place the little bowls in the waterbath and fill them almost all the way up with the chocolate mixture.
Bake in a 350 ˚F (175 ˚C) oven for about 35 minutes.
Serve with some fresh fruit…
I hope I was able to tempt you…
Hugs from me to you.