These Milan cookies are crispy, super delicious and highly addictive…
Here is the recipe – enjoy!
- 3/4 cup (170 g) butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups (315 g) powdered sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup (185 g) all-purpose flour
Put the butter and powdered sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
Add the egg whites, vanilla extract and lemon juice.
Beat for a couple of minutes.
Tip in the flour…
…and beat for another minute.
Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
Transfer the batter into a piping bag fitted with a Wilton 1 A tip.
Pipe 1 1/2-inch (3-4 cm) ropes onto the baking parchment, or pipe circles if you prefer.
Bake in a 350 ˚F (180 ˚C) oven for about 10 minutes, or until slightly golden.
Leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes.
Make the chocolate ganache filling:
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon (100 ml) heavy cream
- 5 oz. (150 g) dark chocolate chips, or chopped dark chocolate
Heat the cream and then pour it over the chocolate, then stir until smooth.
Spread some of the chocolate ganache over one of the cookies and place another cookie on top.
Repeat with the remaining cookies.
Super delicious with a cup of tea or coffee…
Baked with love!
I hope I was able to tempt you!
Hugs from me to you.