This dark chocolate mousse is absolutely delicious. I topped it with some fresh strawberries dipped into a strawberry glaze.
Perfekt for your next dessert day.
Easy chocolate mousse (4-5 portions)
- 5 egg whites
- 1/2 cup (120 g) regular sugar
- 3 1/2 oz. (100 g) chocolate
- 1 tablespoon strong coffee
- 3 1/2 tablespoons (50 g) butter
- fresh strawberries
- Strawberry Glaze, get the recipe → her.
- In a medium heatproof bowl set over barely simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter.
- Remove the bowl from the heat, add coffee, and let cool slightly.
- In a clean bowl put the egg whites, with the whisk attachment beat on low speed until foamy.
- increase the speed to medium and beat until stiff peaks forms, add the sugar one spoonful at the time.
- Beat until the meringue is glossy.
- Fold the egg whites to the melted (and cooled) chocolate. Fold it in little by little.
- Divide the chocolate mousse mixture into dessert bowls.
- Chill until firm about for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, decorate with fresh strawberries dipped into a strawberry glaze, get the recipe → here.
- Serve and enjoy.
Check back soon, for new recipes.
Have a beautiful day
Step by step pictures;