Today’s temptations are chocolate chip cupcakes topped with a luscious creamy caramel chocolate frosting…
Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cupcakes (yield: 36 medium cupcakes)
- 3 2/3 cups (455 g) all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons corn starch
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (290 ml) milk
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (200 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup (350 g) regular sugar
- 5 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 13 oz. (380 g) chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 ˚F (180 ˚C).
Put the butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt at least twice.
Add the milk and sifted flour mixture to the mixing bowl in three batches.
Put the egg whites into a separate bowl and whisk for 1-2 minutes.
Fold the whisked egg whites into the batter with a rubber spatula, do this is two batches.
Add the vanilla extract.
Then add the chocolate chips.
Divide the batter between 36 cupcake paper cases. I like to use an ice cream scoop for this, one scoop per paper case.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes.
Done! My kitchen smells heavenly…
Leave to cool completely.
Creamy Caramel Chocolate frosting
- 1 1/2 cup (340 g) butter, softened
- 16 oz. (450 g) dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons caramel, such as Dulce de leche or similar
- 1/2 cup (60 g) powdered sugar
Melt the chocolate and leave to cool.
Put the butter and powdered sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
Pour in the melted chocolate… (and taste the chocolate, of course…the cook’s treat!)
Add the caramel/dulce de leche and beat until everything is well blended.
Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and make a swirl or two on top of each cupcake.
If you don’t have a piping bag and a star tip, just spread out a tablespoonful of the frosting on top of each cupcake.
Bake with love and the result will be good…
Hugs from me to you.