Today’s temptation is a lovely vanilla pound cake, it’s definitely one of my favorites. This cake has a really rich vanilla flavor, so if you like vanilla you’ll love this cake.
Lovely Vanilla pound Cake:
- 3/4 cup (170 g) unsalted butter usaltet smør, at room temperature
- 3 oz. (90 g) Philadelphia cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup (300 g) regular sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half lengthways and seeds scraped out
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (45 ml) milk
- 2 teaspoons sponge cake stabilator
- 1 3/4 cup (230 g) all-purpose flour
Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
Put the butter, sugar, cream cheese, baking powder, salt and the seeds from the vanilla bean into a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
Add the sponge cake stabilator with the last egg.
Beat until everything is well blended.
Add the milk and continue beating.
Add the flour a little at a time while beating on a low speed.
Line a 9 x 4-inch (24 x 10 cm) loaf pan with baking parchment and pour in the batter.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 55 minutes.
If you prefer the top to stay pale, cover with a sheet of baking parchment after about 35 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons regular sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
Put all ingredients into a small bowl and stir to mix.
When the cake is done baking, remove from the oven and pour the sugar syrup over the top and return to the oven for another 15 minutes. This makes the top nice and crispy.
Cut into decent sized slices…
Baked with love..
The perfect loaf cake! It makes a lovely present for someone who needs cheering up.
Have a nice day everyone!
Hugs from me to you.