People often ask me about recipes for the classic Italian dessert called tiramisù. The original recipe contains alcohol, but these tiramisu cupcakes are alcohol free so they can be enjoyed by children and adults alike.
Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Tiramisù Cupcakes (yield: 24 cupcakes)
- 2 ½ cups + 1 tablespoon (330 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 heaped tablespoons corn starch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup (350 g) regular sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 1/4 oz. (150 g) egg whites (approx. 4 egg whites)
- just over 1 cup (250 ml) whole milk or cream
- 3/4 cup (170 g) unsalted butter, diced and at room temperature
- 5 1/4 oz. (150 g) mascarpone
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (200 ml) heavy cream
- 3/4 cup (100 g) powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon strong coffee + 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vanilla bean frosting
- pure unsweetened cocoa powder
Put the flour, corn starch, baking powder, sugar and instant coffee granules into a bowl and mix until everything is well blended.
Add the butter and beat well.
In a separate bowl, mix together the egg whites, milk and vanilla extract.
Pour the egg white mixture into the mixing bowl little by little, beating for about 2 minutes.
The batter is done.
Divide the mixture between 24 cupcake cases and bake at 350 F (180 C) for about 25 minutes.
Leave to cool completely.
Stir together the coffee and the vanilla extract, leave to cool.
Put the mascarpone, cream, powdered sugar and the coffee/vanilla mixture into a bowl and mix well.
Using an apple corer, make a hole in the center of each cupcake.
Fill the holes with the mascarpone filling.
Top the cupcakes with some vanilla bean frosting or another frosting of your choice.
I use a Wilton 1 M tip and a wide circular tip here to get two different looks.
Dust with some pure unsweetened cocoa powder, or sprinkle with some finely grated chocolate if you prefer.
You could use the mascarpone filling as a topping if you’re not keen on using the vanilla bean frosting.
It looks quite tempting…
Have a nice day everyone,
hugs from me to you.