If you love vanilla as much as I do I can highly recommend these delectable cupcakes… They have been given the double vanilla treatment and they are absolutely delicious.
Very Vanilla Cupcakes (yield: 24)
- 3 1/3 cups (415 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups (475 g) regular sugar
- 1 cup (225 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon (250 ml) whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half lengthways and seeds scraped out
Preheat the oven to 350 ˚F (180 ˚C).
Bring out all the ingredients.
Sift together the flour, corn starch and baking powder at least three times.
Tip into a mixing bowl, then add the sugar and mix for one minute.
Add the butter and beat until you get a sandy consistency and everything is combined.
Add the eggs one at a time while still beating.
Add the milk in three additions.
Remove the bowl from the mixer and add the vanilla extract and seeds from the vanilla bean.
Stir to mix.
Using an ice cream scoop, spoon the mixture into paper cases, one scoop per cupcake.
Bake in the middle of the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until slightly golden.
I used a large Wilton 1A tip here to make a simple swirl.
Sprinkle with some sanding sugar, if you like.
I decorated my cupcakes with some cute pink chocolate hearts.
So cute ♥
Perfect for Valentine’s Day…
I hope I was able to tempt you – happy baking ♥
Hugs from me to you.