This frosted chocolate sheet cake is incredibly delicious and very easy to make. Many of you have asked for sheet cake recipes, here is a really good one.
Texas Sheet Cake
- 1 cup (225 g) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (60 g) pure unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
Put the butter in a small saucepan and heat until melted. Add the cocoa powder, vegetable oil and water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 30 seconds, then set aside to cool.
- 1 3/4 cup (400 g) regular sugar
- 1 3/4 cup (220 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Put the dry ingredients into a bowl; the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt, and stir to combine. In another bowl, mix together the sour cream, eggs and vanilla.
Pour the sour cream/egg mixture into the dry ingredients, followed by the cooled butter/cocoa mixture, and stir until everything is well blended.
You could add 75 grams crushed Daim too, but this is optional.
Pour the batter into a lined baking pan and bake in the middle of a 375 ˚F (190 ˚C) oven.
- 1/2 cup (115 g) butter
- 1/4 cup (30 g) pure unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (330 g) powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 oz. (75 g) pecans
Leave for a few minutes and sprinkle over chopped, toasted pecans.
I use 2 1/2 oz. (75 g) pecans here. Toast them in a 350 ˚F (180 ˚C) oven for 20 minutes. Roughly chop before sprinkling over the frosted cake.
Cut the cake into squares and enjoy this sheet cake Texas style…
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend, hugs from me to you.