I love this simple, but delicious chocolate mousse. I like to add homemade almond croquant for a nice crunch, but the recipe is very versatile and you can adjust it to your preferences.
Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Crunchy Chocolate Mousse (serves 6)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons (50 g) butter
- 3 1/2 oz. (100 g) chocolate
- 1 tablespoons strong coffee
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 cup (120 g) regular sugar
- 3 1/2 oz. (100 g) crushed homemade croquant, (find the recipe here)
- fresh berries, to decorate (optional)
Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave oven. Add the strong coffee and leave to cool.
Whisk the egg whites with the sugar until soft peaks form.
Carefully fold the whisked egg whites into the cooled chocolate, a little at a time.
Add the homemade almond croquant (you can find the recipe here).
Divide the mixture between dessert bowls or glasses and chill for at least 2 hours.
Serve with some fresh berries.
I hope you are tempted…
Hugs from me to you.