It took me a while to like scones. But then I visited an LA diner and tasted their warm blueberry scones with lemon curd on the side…
Soft Moist Blueberry Scones (yield: 14)
- 3 cups (375 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (120 g) regular sugar
- 1/2 cup (115 g) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons (275 ml) low fat crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 5-7 oz. (150–200 g) fresh blueberries
Preheat the oven to 350 ˚F (180 ˚C).
Put the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and lemon zest into a bowl and stir until well blended.
Add the soft butter, crème fraîche or sour cream and vanilla extract. Stir until just blended.
Fold in the blueberries.
Use an ice cream scoop to make the scones and arrange them on a lined baking tray.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
Enjoy when still warm with some lemon curd, a cup of tea or coffee and maybe some company?