Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.
I love this fruit salad, it’s the perfect dessert. The flavor combinations work so well together; tropical fruit, mini marshmallows, cream, pecans, vanilla and coconut.. so delish.
Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Ambrosia fruit salad
- 1 – 1 1/3 cup (225–300 g) cream cheese
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup (120-150 g) regular sugar
- 1 1/4 – 1 2/3 cups (300–400 ml) heavy cream
- 2 cans pineapple
- 2 cans mandarin segments
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup (100–150 g) pecans
- 1 1/4 – 1 3/4 cup (100–150 g) mini marshmallows
- 1 1/3 cup (100 g) fresh, shaved coconut or 1/2 cup (50 g) dessicated coconut
Start by bringing out all the ingredients. Drain the canned fruit and pat dry.
Put the cream cheese, seeds from the vanilla bean and sugar into a mixing bowl.
Beat for about 3 minutes, or until fluffy.
Whisk the heavy cream until soft peaks form and add to the mixing bowl. Using a rubber spatula, fold the cream into the mixture.
Put the drained fruit into a bowl and add most of the the pecans (or other nuts of your choice) and the mini marshmallows. Mix well.
Add the whipped cream/cream cheese mixture and fold until everything is well blended.
Sprinkle over the coconut and the rest of the pecans.
This fruit salad is so delicious..
I hope you’re tempted to make it. If you do, please let me know what yo think – I appreciate all your feedback.
Wishing you all a wonderful day, hugs from me to you.