In the weekends I often make cookies for the kids and today I made these delicious Chocolate Truffle Cookies which melt in your mouth… the perfect weekend treat.
Chocolate Truffle Cookies (yield: 30)
- 20 oz. (575 g) dark chocolate, 70 % cocoa solids (I use Callebaut)
- 1 2/3 cups (200 g) all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons pure unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Valrhona)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 16 1/4 oz. (460 g) regular sugar
- 2/3 cup (140 g) unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 6 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 1/2 oz. (340 g) dark chocolate chips, or roughly chopped chocolate (70 % cocoa solids)
Preheat the oven to 350 ºF (180 ºC). I use the fan setting for this recipe.
Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water or in the microwave, set aside.
Put the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Stir to mix and set aside.
Put the sugar and butter into a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Add the eggs and beat for another minute, then add the cooled chocolate and vanilla extract.
Beat for 3 minutes until everything is well blended.
Tip in the flour/cocoa mixture and the chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate) and stir until well blended.
Line two baking trays with baking parchment. Use an ice cream scoop to make mounds of the cookie dough, about 9 for each tray.
Dip a spoon into warm water and flatten the cookies slightly before baking.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 12–15 minutes.
Leave to cool completely.
Baked With Love..
These are a big hit in my house.
They also make a very nice gift for anyone with a sweet tooth…
Hugs from me to you.