Hello everyone. I love making my oatmeal cookies with XL chocolate pieces. These cookies are such a favorite in my house.
Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Vanilla Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 3 cups (300 g) oats
- 1 1/2 cup (190 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (170 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (150 g) light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 g) regular sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 8 oz. (230 g) dark chocolate (large chunks)
Remember to take the eggs out of the fridge an hour before baking to allow them to come to room temperature.
Put the butter, sugar and light brown sugar into a mixing bowl and beat for about 5 minutes.
Add the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla extract.
In another bowl, mix together the oats, flour, baking soda and salt.
Roughly chop the chocolate into quite large chunks.
You could use chocolate chips, but by using larger pieces the cookies will get even better.
Tip in the chocolate chunks and the flour/oat mixture into the mixing bowl and stir to combine.
I use a large ice cream scoop to arrange approx. 30 equally sized mounds onto lined baking trays.
- Bake in a 350 ˚F (180 ˚C) oven for about 12-14 minutes. I use the fan setting.
Leave to cool for about 5-10 minutes.
Enjoy with a glass of cold milk 🙂