Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.
Today’s temptation is a lovely coconut cream pie. I used leftover Vanilla Biscotti & White Vanilla Chocolate for the crust, but you can just as well use other biscuits. The filling is a delicious Crème pâtissière with coconut, topped with whipped cream and toasted coconut. So tasty.
Here is the recipe.
Coconut Cream Pie
- 8 oz. (225 g) Vanilla Biscotti or Vanilla Wafers
- 6 tablespoons (85 g) butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon regular sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Crème pâtissière + 4 extra tablespoons corn starch
- 1 2/3 cup (400 ml) heavy cream + 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup (100 g) shredded coconut + a little extra to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C), and finely grind the Vanilla Biscotti eller Vanilla Wafers
Mix with the sugar, melted butter, salt and vanilla extract.
Tip the mixture into a pie dish and press it into the base and up the sides of the dish.
Place in the 350 F (180 C) oven for about 9 minutes.
Leave to cool completely.
Make the Crème pâtissière as described here, but add 4 extra tablespoons corn starch.
Mix in the coconut.
Pour it into the pie dish and leave to chill for at least 5 hours, or preferably overnight.
When you are ready to serve the pie, toast a little coconut in the oven until lightly golden.
Pour the cream into a mixing bowl.
Add the sugar.
Whisk for a few minutes.
Spread out the whipped cream over the top of the pie.
Remove the coconut from the oven and sprinkle it over the pie.
If you don’t like coconut just leave it out.
This is soo good.
I hope you are inspired to make this coconut cream pie, and as already mentioned you can use any biscuits you like, such as Oreos.
Have a great day everyone.
Hug from me to you.