Hello everyone, I hope your week has been good so far. Today I want to tempt you with a fabulous treat, a Banoffee meringue pie. This pie is just amazing, and when you see the list of ingredients you may understand why: meringue base, caramel, bananas, vanilla pastry cream, whipped cream, salted peanuts, and chocolate.
Sometimes a dessert is simply worth every calorie, and this one definitely is.
BANOFFEE MERINGUE PIE
THE MERINGUE BASE;
- 4 egg whites
- 200 gram sugar
- Vanilla cream get the recipe here
- Salted caramel sauce, get the recipe here
- 2-3 bananas
- 1 cup ( 250 ml) heavy cream, whipped
- 3/4 – 1 oz. (20-30 g) chocolate, grated
- Handfull salted peanuts
- Need a converter, use this one.
- Preheat your oven to 285 ˚F (140 ˚C), grease and line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wipe a stainless steel bowl and the whisk of an electric mixer with a paper towel damped with a little lemon juice to eliminate any trace of grease.
- Place the egg whites into the bowl and beat on low speed until foamy, about 30 seconds. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until soft peaks form, about 1 minute, increase the speed to high and add the sugar one spoonful at a time.
- Beat on medium speed until very stiff peaks form and the meringue is glossy and thick.
- Spread out the meringue to make an even layer on your prepared baking tray.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 2 hours.
- Cool completely
- Drizzle some salted caramel on top, get the recipe here.
- Add slices of banana on top.
- Add vanilla cream on top, get the recipe here
- Followed by whipped cream, grated chocolate, and salted peanuts.
- Keep in the fridge a few hours before serving!
STEP BY STEP PICTURES;
I hope I was able to tempt you.
I wish you all a wonderful Day.
Hugs from me to you.